Friday, January 22, 2010

Baby ___ Wong!

We went in for our major ultrasound today and boy what an experience! I had to drink 32 ounces of water one hour prior to the appointment and NOT use the restroom so that they can get a good ultrasound of my cervix, etc. to make sure everything's okay. I drank the water as directed, but I should have known (being in healthcare myself) that no appointment is EVER on time. Eugene and I waited and waited and waited and I was in so much pain! I really thought I was going to let loose right there in the waiting room! It got so bad that I ran to the restroom TWICE, but didn't fully "go" so that there's some fluid in my bladder for the ultrasound. It was so painful! My appointment was scheduled for 2:40pm, we arrived at 2pm, and didn't get in until 3pm! Agh!!! I'm just glad that it's finally over! Now, for our cute little baby. At 20 weeks, baby looks kind of like Skeletor huh? But it's cute how the baby has baby's hand on baby's head!



Here is baby's profile. Do you think baby looks more like me or Eugene?



Now, the big question...is baby a boy or a girl? We held off telling even our family for a little bit so that we could share the secret between just the two of us. After the ultrasound, we celebrated with a yummy pineapple and ham pizza from BJs. We even had a pizookie afterwards! I think it's safe to say that my appetite and stomach are back to normal! Then, we stopped by Babys-R-Us to check out the strollers that fit the car seat we got from Gladys and Duke. Boy! Those Chicco strollers sure are HEAVY! Not only that, but with the car seat on top of it, the entire stroller looks like one big mess that I would have to push around all the time. I don't know if I'd be able to handle that. So if anyone out there has any advice on whether to get the matching car seat stroller or just a generic frame that goes with any stroller, please let us know!

Oh, are you still wondering about the baby? Allow us to introduce you to...Baby BOY Wong!


1 comment:

yolanda said...

congratulations!!! boys are so fun! and, you are right. they're a lot less expensive to raise...ha! :0) thanks for sharing the exciting news!