Thursday, June 10, 2010

Trading one for another

Throughout my pregnancy, I was looking forward to no longer being pregnant. The only thing I enjoyed about being pregnant was feeling my little boy move inside everyday, including the hiccups! Now that I'm no longer pregnant and am a mommy instead, I have come to realize that being pregnant and being a mommy are not all that different in certain aspects. I basically just traded one thing for another...

I no longer throw up...but I must now deal with spit up.
I no longer wake up every 2 hours to pee...but I do wake up every 2 hours to feed.
I no longer have a limited wardrobe...I am now just limited to my PJs.
I no longer carry a load in my belly...but I do carry a load in my arms.
I no longer crave random foods...but I do eat random foods whenever I have the time to eat.

Regardless of the similarities or differences, one thing is for sure...I love the outcome of pregnancy and so far, the ups and downs of new motherhood. I love my little boy and the look on my husband's face when he sees his little boy. I love our little family of three!

No comments: