Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pyogenic granuloma

When I was hospitalized the second time for preterm labor back in early May, I noticed something growing on my right index finger. At first, I thought it was nothing. Then, I thought it was a blood clot. Someone told me it was a blood blister. I didn't get it checked by a dermatologist until last month: a pyogenic granuloma. The only way to get rid of it? Surgery. Great. I wouldn't have even considered surgery if it didn't hurt and bleed spontaneously (a few times on Gideon). So, I got it removed. Now, the finger is still healing. Stay tuned...the surgeon said it will take 3-4 months for me to get feeling back in my finger. Great... Well, at least it WILL come back.

2 comments:

yolanda said...

you poor thing! hope it looks worse than it feels.

sL said...

Hi, how did your finger heal? (I googled on granulomas and your blog came up). I got it on my thumb when I was in the last trimester with my son and got it cut off but they didn't get down to the 'root' and from the looks of it I have to go for another surgery.